Monday, August 17, 2009

bk 2 bk

I like Berkeley; it's like Brooklyn but duller. I'm getting dumber. I got hit on today by a Haas student; he was the kind of gay person who in a more conservative town would pretend to be straight, because it's what you would expect of him, but who in Berkeley would pretend to be straight, because it's not what you would expect of him. I instantly regretted not giving him my number so that I could blog his accumulated messages on my voicemail. But then I figured I will have ample opportunity at such fare, as the same exact thing will doubtless happen again, tomorrow.

Earlier I went with my parents to a contemporary church service and my mom noticed on the program that, among others, John Yoo would be presiding. You might be asking, as I was, "Yoo who?", but apparently he wrote the torture memos under Bush and now teaches at Boalt. It wasn't the same John Yoo though, just a contemporary. Then we planted me a Meyer lemon tree that will soon yield golden fruit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

could you pls make these posts more interesting. perhaps use hollys blog as a reference. thanks.