Wednesday, December 10, 2008

recess!

I wasn't fired per se, but my employers chose not to continue their relationship with me; hard times. En plus, I'm out of local lemongrass, and the Greenmarket, cruelly, sold all its kabochas to Thomas Keller. On the plus side, I'm not nonplussed. I embrace opportunity, I apply to all the cocinas mexicanas refinadas in a two-block radius of my apartment (there are three). I bought expensive leggings that look like fish scales, is that kosher in this economic climate? I should scale back.

I'm going to LA to convalesce from the valence I've constructed these past few weeks. Provisional itinerary includes walking to and from the Valley, running up and down hills, reconnecting with my roots however rhizomatic, circumlocuting with Abram, making a circuit court of the city...I think that's it.

No comments: